boels069
Redacteur
Redacteur
BerichtenCOLON 20267
GeregistreerdCOLON 04 Dec 2005 09:52
WoonplaatsCOLON Almere

Voor de liefhebbers:
Posted by Roger Cicala

OK, when I introduced our new optical bench, I mentioned that it generates a lot of data. We gathered data for a nice comparison test (I mean who wouldn’t want to know how the Zeiss Otus and Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art stack up against some nice Leica 50mm lenses). Since then I’ve spent about 20 hours wading through data and trying different ways to present it. I’ll wallow through that article, but I can’t say I’m totally happy with my efforts.

A number of people have left posts that if I’d furnish them some raw data they’d take a shot at graphing and presenting it. Which seems like a wonderful idea, especially after I went cross-eyed over the holiday weekend trying it myself. So this morning Aaron collected a small data set that anyone who wants to play with is welcome to.

Basically we’ve tested 5 copies of the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art lens, and 5 copies of the Canon 35mm f/1.4 lens. We’ll limit this to just MTF numbers across the field (from side-to-side). Each lens is tested 3 times, rotating from 0 to 45 and then 90 degrees. (Since the optical bench makes one ‘slice’ across the lens, we need to take several slices to make sort of a 3-dimensional picture.) We’ve considered making a 4th slice at 135 degrees (180 degrees takes us back to zero), but have found after testing a lot of lenses we’ve never seen anything revealed at 135 degrees that the other three cuts don’t show us.

So if you want to participate, you’ll receive 2 Excel spreadsheets, one for the Canon lenses, one for the Sigma.
http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2014/05 ... ng-contest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mijn fiets spoort beter dan ik.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Terug naar